National Institue of Solar Energy (NISE) is conducting “Suryamitra” training program to provide skilled technicians for installation, commissioning, Operation & Maintenance in the field of solar technology. The main objective of this program is to train the 10+2 passed, ITI/diploma holders/ as field technicians to execute National Solar Mission (NSM) programmes across the country. These programs are being conducted in collaboration with State Nodal Agencies, at various locations across the country. Separately, NISE is also organizing Suryamitra program in its own campus, so as to set an example. See more at NISE The duration of this skill development program is 600 hrs (approx 90 days). This is the residential program and it is free which includes boarding and lodging. Suryamitra Skill Development Programs are sponsored by Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Govt. of India.
Main Features of SSDPs:
- This is a free residential program where both lodging and boarding are free.
- The program is available at various NSNE centres across the country.
- The duration of the program is 600 hours / 90 days.
- It is expected that after successfully completion of this course – students will have a strong opportunity for employment in solar energy sector.
- The students will be trained in the installation, operation and maintenance of the solar system.
- ITI and Diploma students are preferred in this program.